Have you ever gone live on Facebook? Man you totally should if you haven’t. It might seem intimidating, it might seem scary, it might be the one thing you think you simply can’t do, but it’s exhilarating and I PROMISE you’re business will take off when you start going live.
This is a feature that Facebook has allowed to, pretty much, everyone since 2016 and it’s a fantastic tool to grow your business. Let’s chat about how best to use it to your advantage.
If you want to be prepared before you go live then you should plan your content ahead of time. I have a FREE Content creation planner just for you. I want you to be brave, I want you to be focused, and I want you to be READY to go when you hit the live button.
Grab your free content creation planner NOW
--> FREE PLANNER <--
Now time to go live!! Be brave, I know you can do it!
It’s time to get ready to ROCK AND ROLL for 2018. It’s time to start prepping, it’s time to dig in, it’s time to get ahead of the game. Wanna know how you do that? DIG DEEP NOW!
Being in business means you show up, it means you are consistent, it means you know just how to optimize your social media platforms, it means you know where to host your sites, how to schedule content, and so much more. If any or all of these things you are finding difficult, or foreign, it’s time to work them out so that you don’t miss a beat in 2018.
2018 is sneaking up on your quickly and I want you to be ready to “Rock and Roll” and since black Friday is sneaking up on us ( just three days away) I wanted to help get you prepped for 2018 with little, SUPER little moneys out of your pocket!
I want to help you plan your content and know just how to optimize your social media. Until close of business on Black Friday 11/24 I want to offer you my Ultimate Guide To Content Creation & Social Media for just $17. My $49 program is available to you now for the discounted rate because I believe in you, I KNOW you’re ready to up level your business, and I want to help you reach your max income goals.
Grab your Guide NOW
—> The Ultimate Guide To Content Creation & Social Media <--
For those of you who sat on the edge of your seat all year wondering if you “could” start an online business, well i’m here to tell you YOU CAN! I know that it seems scary, I know that it may seem overwhelming, I know that it might seem like there are WAY to many things to figure out in order to start but I swear it is possible with the right tools. I have a 4 week course just for you because I was sitting right where you were not long ago. I I was terrified just like you might be now. I had MAJOR doubts just as I know you have had. But you know what, I did it! What I also know is that if I can do it ANYONE can. This 4 week course will not only give you the tools you need to succeed in starting and running a successful online business, but you’ll have the ability to work along side the program so that you will be ready to hit the ground running at the end of the program. Until midnight Black Friday, 11/24, you can snag this $197 program for JUST $47. Did your jaw just hit the floor, because I know mine did when I decided you were ready for this!
Grab your program NOW
—> 4 Week Build Your Online Business For The Busy Mommy <--
Make 2018 your year, it’s time to grab the bull by the horns, and it’s time to hit the ground running.
The end of the year is fast approaching, I mean thanksgiving is just right around the corner, you’ll blink it’ll be Christmas, and you’ll sneeze and it’s New Years Eve. It’s truly crazy how quickly time begins to fly when the end of the year is upon you. I’m so glad that you’ve found me, I’m so glad that you decided to start/run/grow in your business this year. But I really want you to focus on finishing this year out strong!
YES the holidays are hectic, yes family time is just around the corner, yes your mom life is going to get crazier before it calms down but do NOT forget that you’re a mompreneur too!
I want to give you 5 tips to making it through the holidays as a mompreneur
You WILL survive the holidays and successfully slide into 2018 having crushed your business goals for 2017!
Until Next Time Mommas,
Being new to business is tough. You essentially decide “Yeaaaaa I’m gunna rock this XYZ” and bam you’re in business. But then you find yourself asking the question “what heck do you do after I say yeaaa I’m gunna rock this XYZ”? That’s how my first business story went and I can tell you i’ve worked with a number of others who have very similar if not the same stories.
Aside from learning particular businesses strategies, or developing my own when I decided to launch my own business, there were a few things I wish someone had pulled me aside and said:
“look, here are some tips to make your biz life a bit easier”.
1. Don’t Worry About The Little Stuff -I openly admit I am OCD when it comes to many aspects of my life; my business life is no different in this respect. I am 100% hands on and for a long time felt that if I didn’t do it myself it couldn’t be done properly. Boy was that not correct! You can delegate tasks out to others, fivver is a great site to find inexpensive help, and it can be done just as well and it’s something off your plate. The small stuff isn’t worth spending HOURS & HOURS on if there is someone far more qualified who can do it in 1/16th of the time you can. Logo designs are my down fall, so it’s a project that has been delegated out! Rather than me spending days or weeks trying to “web design” something for myself I have let someone else take the reigns on that project so I don’t have to “sweat” over it.
2. It Takes Time - I can remember starting in my first business watching others around me make it big for themselves. I thought “Oooo yea, get in, talk to some peeps, make the monies, and be awesome” YEAAAAAAAAAA soooo thats not exactly how it happens. What you don’t see a LOT of times from the “Big Names” you follow is all the behind the scenes work they do, all the late night/early morning hours they log, all the tears they cried, all the netflix binging they went without. It takes time to build a name for yourself and your business but it CAN happen for you. The process requires patience, focus, and determination, but you WILL get there!
3. Never Give Up - It’s going to be hard, you’re going to hit a brick wall, you’re going to have ups and deep deep downs. But when you maintain your persistence it pays off ten fold. No really it does! It seems impossible sometimes, without a doubt. There were a number of days before and definitely after having the little guy where I said “i’m done, I’m quitting, Im throwing in the towel because this is impossible” But I’m not sure if it was pure laziness or subconscious determination I kept going and it has only continued to be beneficial. The “never give up” concept was something I stumbled upon but its a lesson I continue to live by today!
4. SAY NO - You’re going to get busy. Your business is going to grow to heights you probably never imagined. With the growth more will come your way that requires your attention, thoughts, input, work, etc. The secret to this is… you do NOT have to say YES to everything that comes your way! Seriously! When your business grows you’re going to have people ask you to speak to their people, when you are doing well you may be approached with book deals, you may be asked to do collaboration after collaboration, but you have the ability to say no; and you should from time to time. While it is a blessing to be seen as the “IT” person, it can also be quite taxing on you and your business. It is hard to say no sometimes but I assure you it benefits you tremendously in the long run.
5. Deep Breath (again and again) -I will openly admit that I stink at taking breaks, cutting myself slack, or just relaxing. The thing is, it’s necessary in order to stay mentally stable and properly functioning in your business. Your business can get pretty hectic and busy now and again. It’s important to make sure you are caring for yourself so that you can properly continue to care for those you’re helping. Take a deep breathe, relax, and give yourself the freedom to know it’s ok to take you time.
6. It’s Ok To Fail - No matter how hard you work, no matter how perfect what you offer is, no matter how expert your knowledge is on your topic there will be situations where you set out to do something and you fail. THAT’S OK! It’s totally ok to fail so long as you get back up after you’ve dresses your emotional wounds. Failing means that you have found a way that didn’t work and it’s time to create a way that will work. Failure means you’ve learned an important lesson for your future. Failure makes for a stronger business foundation in the future. You WILL fail but thats OK!
7. Stay Fresh - I’m talking about your businesses appearance here. I started my business, designed one photo, stuck with one font, and decided I was done and i’d just run my business. What I didn’t realize was that, over time, my website-group-social media sites- etc. started to look outdated and boring. Its important to keep up the look of your sites, make your content is fresh, and continue to keep the community you’ve set out to build engaged with your best foot forward.
8. Get a Biz Bestie NOW -When you get stuck on a project, when your doubting your ideas, when you’ve hit a brick wall, it helps tremendously to talk through what you’re working on with someone else. Your go to biz person doesn’t need to be in the same business as you, their business doesn’t even need to align with yours, they just need to be a person who can give you honest feed back, support you when you need it, and someone who you can bounce ideas off of. GET A BIZ BESTIE!
9. Be You - You have no doubt read a story that went viral on social media and thought “man, I could do that”. The thing is many people take that as a personal challenge, when trying to grow their businesses, and will then create content that may not fully represent them or their business in an effort to “WOW” their audience. The thing is, those who pay attention to you, those who invest in you, those who put their trust in you are doing just that.. they are trusting in you to be honest. Don’t ever lie your way to the top, don’t create a story or struggle in order to capture the hearts and minds of your audience. Rather, be authentically you and I assure you that you will succeed and be far more appreciated for it.
10. Never Stop Learning -Personal development books, trainings, webinars, seminars, etc. DO THEM! You will be better able to handle anything that comes your way when you are continually learning and growing as a person and as a business. Whenever you come up against a big hurdle there is someone who has reach that hurdle before and can help get you through it. Continue to learn even when you feel you are the expert on your topic. If you want some PD Book Suggestions check out my top 10 Favorites --> 10 MUST READ BUSINESS BOOKS <--
Until Next Time Mommas,
So we have conquered setbacks, and starting over the past two weeks. Both topics can be hard for many people BUT I want to cover NOT GIVING UP this week!!
This might seem like a “sad series” of posts this past couple of weeks but notoriously many will become discouraged, stop when they reach major setbacks, give up on things when a year starts to come to an end and I do NOT want that to happen to you. I want you to know that you CAN push through whatever is going on.
Holidays are just around the corner, the in-laws are coming, the meals are HUGE, presents need wrapped, kids are out of school, your business might seem like it wont ever get attention so many might thing to just give up until there is a more convenient time to do it.
DO NOT DO THAT!
You CAN manage to keep going no matter what life throws at you.
So how do you do that? How do you NOT quit when things get hard?
Never let “Giving Up” become an options!
Until Next Time Mommas,
Last week we talked about handling setbacks. We talked tips and tricks on how not to let setbacks keep you down and how to move forward with excellence. But I had someone ask me about starting over…It’s OK to start over!
Do NOT think that starting over means that you have in someway failed! Starting over can be the best thing for you sometimes.
Starting over can be healthy, necessary, and exciting if you really want to get down to it.
Before I had my kiddo I was in a wonderful online health & fitness business. I loved what I did, I loved working out, I loved helping people start and succeed in their health & fitness journeys, oooo and I made pretty good money doing it to. BUT I got preggo, I had little mr., I realized that the mom life priorities were not the same as the single lady priorities. While I still love working out and being healthy overall on our own home I had lost the fire I’d once had for my business. I wasn’t sure what I wanted or needed to do but I knew it wasn’t health & fitness. I had to start over from scratch while raising a tiny human. I had to start over. It was literally the BEST decision I’ve ever made and I KNOW you can do the same if you find yourself in that position.
Starting over doesn’t mean that you failed in a negative way, I can’t say that enough! Starting over means you have found a new passion, a new direction, a new drive and you are about to take off running.
When you start to doubt yourself remember that you CAN and WILL survive anything so long as you keep your chin up and keep moving forward!
Are you starting over? I’d love to know what your next big venture is going to be! Leave a comment below and lemme know what you’re doing next!
Until Next Time Mommas,
Do you like setbacks? NO! What kind of question is that? No, No one likes setbacks.
But many people hit setbacks along their journey and those setbacks that are big enough will 100% de-rail them from the journey they were on. Some may even let a setback completely stop them from moving forward in any capacity.
I do NOT want that to happen to you!
As I’m sure you’ve noticed I’ve been a bit MIA …. like non existent on my blog here for just over a month. I had some MAJOR setbacks recently… #Irma #WeddingPlanning #MomLife YES I totally just hash-tagged my setbacks lol. But for real, September was really hard evacuating, returning, having no power, no internet, no way to cook or clean, no routine for little man, the Mr. had a rough time at work, we decided to plan a wedding sooner rather than later, the returning of power and trying to get back into a routine, me not working for over a month, it was NUTS!
I could have easily just said “This just isn’t working out, I’m done” or “I just don’t have time for my business, I’m going to let it fizzle out” BUT I do NOT let setbacks get to me. I can’t them as learning lessons along my journey to success and I want you to do the same!
SO lets work through your setbacks rather than letting them STOP you from moving forward!
Now, NEVER give up on what you KNOW you want most!
Until Next Time Mommas,
No, im certainly NOT poking fun at our most recent natural disaster or those affected by it. My family just so happened to be some of the unfortunate ones who had to leave our home for the monster that was hurricane Irma. It has been nothing less than stressful, anxiety ridden, and over all exhausting.
Like many others it took us almost twenty hours to leave the state of Florida to reach our destination in Georgia. There were a number of places that were OUT of gas. Tons of people abandoning their cars not he side of the interstate because they simply couldn't go any further. It was just a mess and thats putting it lightly. As I was preparing to write a blog for this week I realized that just like this unfortunate natural disaster that so many had to manage their way through our businesses sometimes go through similar situations. I apologize I am almost two days late on sharing with you all but i’ve been a bit busy,
As mompreneurs our first priority is to our children and our families. However, we also run some kick butt businesses that need our focus too. Sometimes we are all in, full force, with every aspect of the mompreneur life. But other times we are drowning in the mom life and it doesn't seem like we’ll survive to ever get back to our businesses. We run out of energy, we run out of time, we run out ooomph to manage through the tough times. It’s hard, truly truly hard sometimes to manage through. But at the end of the day we are strong and can preserver through any obstacle.
Sometimes there are unforeseen things that happen but that doesn't mean you have to throw in the towel. When you feel like your business is struggling through its own natural disaster take a deep breath, step back, evaluate the damage, and plan for repairs.
You might need to re-engage with your audience, you might need to check into your online office, maybe you need to catch up with your emails, no matter what it is, break it down into pieces and create a plan of action based on your needs. Little bits at a time you can be back up and running in no time.
For anyone who was affected my heart goes out to you. If you need anything please feel free to leave a comment and I can try and help in any way I can.
Until Next Time Mommas,
I cant speak for you but I have definitely needed school in the area of getting motivated and staying focused before. Ever since becoming a mom it has been a daily learning experience for balancing what I enjoy, balancing the kiddos needs, balancing my work life, and time with my SO.
Organization is an important part of controlling your time and not letting your time control you. I want to share with you some ways that helped me focus and spend my time on the things that really matter.
1. Make A List
This is where you can list out everything that is important to you. This list should also include things you might not enjoy doing but need done (household work for example). This list will help give you an idea of what you need to spend your time doing. From the list you can block off time that slots where you can accomplish each task in. This helps keep those daunting tasks, house cleaning, set to specific times that you can physically see ending at a certain time. Working form a list not only helps keep you organized but it can free up time elsewhere in your day to do the things you enjoy most; spending time with your family.
2. Define Goals
This could be another list or even a dream board. Knowing and seeing your goals can help keep you focused and moving forward towards your big priorities. When writing your goals don't limit yourself to just right now goals, or goals that you know you can easily achieve. Write down the BIG goals you have for you, your family, your business, because once you write them down you put them out in the universe to begin to form into a reality. You can sync your priorities to your goals so that you spend your time focused on projects that help you achieve these goals.
3. Focus On Where You Spend Your Time
You’ve made a list, you've outline your goals, now you need to know where to spend your time so that you can align your productivity to your goals. One day keep track of your daily activities, your social media scrolling, your excessive dishwashing, how many times you pick up the house, and figure out where you are spending a majority of your time.
You can use this FREE Finding Free Time guide to help track this
Download Your Worksheet Here
You are about to be AMAZED by how much spare time you actually have in your day!
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
From here figure out where you can reallocate your time for more productive projects that will help you reach your goals.
4. Decide What You Can Give Up
Once you have figured out where you are spending your time --> Find Your Free Time <-- you can start to reprioritize your day time. Obviously if you found yourself scrolling through social media for two hours you could definitely cut that back to make more time for the things that matter. Maybe you cut back your scrolling and take the kids to the park for an hour. Not only will the kids be happy but they will come home tired enough that they just want to rest which will leave mom with some quite time to focus on a work project. You obviously wont be able to eliminate many things from your list, you will still need to make sure the dishes are done, but you might find you do NOT need to do dished 4 times a day. Instead do your dishes ONCE a day. It might drive you nuts at first (I know it did me) but I promise you become ok with the fact that you have extra time throughout your day to do other projects.
5. Schedule Priorities
At this point (or shortly after finishing this blog) you will know exactly what your priorities are. In order to KEEP these things as priorities you must schedule times to make them happen. I make this easy by creating a master weekly schedule. Start by scheduling your #1 priority and working your way down your priorities list adding them to your schedule. In these slots remind yourself that these priorities spots can not be moved or pushed aside. So as a mompreneur maybe you schedule them during nap time, independent study time, sporting practices, whenever you know you'll have some focus time.
Getting organized and focused is to put your priorities first. Know exactly what you want to accomplish, when you want to accomplish it, what items are non negotiable for you, your mom life, and your business life and then focus on what matters most. While this can’t happen 365 days a year, you're a mom and the mom life throws you curveballs now and then but Don’t let your day control you, rather you should be the one controlling your day ;-)
Until Next Time Mommas,
P.S. What are your best tips and tricks for getting & staying organized? Comment below!
Facebook groups can be so much fun or they can be a terrifying place. I mean there are some mom groups out there that simply can turn my stomach sour just reading some of the things being share… I have no doubt one just came to your mind. But today i’m NOT talking about a traditional “mommy group” I’m talking about Facebook groups that can actually HELP you grow your business.
Facebook now has MILLIONS of users, which means that you have the ability to reach hundreds of thousands of people who are interested in your particular niche. Facebook groups particularly can give you a personal connection with those who are interested in what you have to share, so utilize it!
Whether you are starting your own business group or you are joining another’s business group be sure to genuinely interact with others in the group. YES Facebook groups are a GREAT way to promote your products, but if you aren't making connection with others in the groups you will just be known as the spammer that no one will turn to for your specific niche.
So let’s recap- Facebook groups are a GREAT way to grow your business by:
If you’d like to learn how to share on Facebook without being a spammer check out my FREE tips on building relationships
Snag Your Samples
Sample social media posts that will entice your audience without asking them directly to "BUY NOW"
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription.
Until Next Time Mommas,
P.S. Does someone in your downline need a lesson on sharing without selling? Share this blog with them!
Hey, I'm Lauren
Who am I? I am a SAHM to a beautiful baby boy, a furmom to 2 doggies and 1 kittycat, a girlfriend, a fitness enthusiast, a beach lover, a dreamer, a world traveler, a business coach, a planner, and an advocate for the SAHM's with BIG dreams!